Global Units: Resources
and Sample Lessons
Listed here are some of the components you might need to create a Global lesson or unit.
- Global Competence Matrix: The main Global Competence matrix provides detail about the overall definition of Global Competence and how it might be demonstrated by students. The six content-area matrices supplement the main matrix with additional information and perspectives relevant to each content area and its objectives.
- Global Learning Inventory: This is a framework to assess progress towards global competence. It could be adapted for use with a unit, a department, a school, or a district.
These are some examples of global units and lessons.
- Sample Civil Rights Unit for U.S History: Students will use their knowledge of the lessons of the civil rights movement in application to current problems of equality both at home and abroad.
- Human Trafficking: English 10 unit, students will examine and discuss the issue of contemporary human trafficking. Includes resources and assessment ideas.
- What is Geoliteracy?: 9th grade geography unit introduces ideas of geoliteracy and global competence.
- Sacred to Me, Sacred to You: 5th grade project examines religions of the world and the things we all hold sacred.
- Women of the World: English 10 unit examines rights and restrictions thereof for women around the world.
Global Math Projects
Several global projects designed for secondary math classes can be found on this page.